Friday, September 15, 2006

Where in the World is Sharron?


Wow...and just when you thought I got caught in a riot and was lying in the gutter...I pop back up!

And right now, I am NOT in Oaxaca. I am in Los Angeles visiting my sister. Why? Because I got tired of the smell of burning tires. The lack of buses. The trash cluttering the streets. The graffiti. The riots.

I said it before and I'll say it again...I MISS MY OAXACA! The one I found when I first went there. The CLEAN place that didn't smell.

Anyway, I arrived in LA about a week or so ago and I have to say that it's not unlike living in a foreign country or perhaps, another planet. I haven’t done much besides write as I have a book due in a few weeks so the travel info might be a bit more spread out.

As weird as LA is, or LaLa Land as Cathy calls it, they have some fun things here. La Brea tar pits. Stripper shoes. Disney. Movies Stars. (Oh! I saw Juliet Landau at the store—she played Drusilla on Buffy the Vampire Slayer. Wow, is she short!) There doesn’t seem to be a huge amount of archaeology here, but I’m looking. The Sunday scientology buffet...come on...you know it so would be something interesting/bizarre to blog about!

But as fun as this is, I have to confess, I miss Mexico. The people. The archaeology. The food.

Still, there is something to be said for showers with water pressure...

No comments: