Friday, April 13, 2007

Update on Annapolis


Slide show of Annapolis-Streetcars, Sunsets, and Cherry Blossoms


Life has been a little chaotic since I moved to Annapolis. New job. New place to live. New people. You name it and it's been happening. Whew! But there has been some fun along the way. First stop--the streetcar graveyard. Okay, I'm not sure what the real name is. There is a streetcar museum, but this was not it. I was tooling about Baltimore with a friend and we happened to drive past this place when we were trying to get back to the highway. It was on the side of the road and was a mishmash of falling-apart streetcars, giant gears, etc. I had to stop. The light was good and there's something about pieces of the past that interest me--must be the archaeologist in me (she's screaming to get out but I shut her up with beer!)

Cherry Blossoms: Same friend. Different day. We went to see the famous cherry blossoms of DC. Well, kind of famous. We didn't go into DC since it’s a NIGHTMARE during that time with every tourist in the vicinity coming to gawk at the blooms. Instead, we went to a neighborhood called Kenmore. Tons of trees and a fraction of the tourists. Gorgeous! There was a cute kid/entrepreneur selling lemonade and cookies. Of course we bought some.

Sadly, there are no pictures of the DC yet. Not nearly enough time by the water. No sailing. I blame it on the weather. Tues, it was 80 degree. Friday, it snowed. But soon...really. I swear.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What happened to AngryRomanceGrrl? I miss her! I hope you had fun blowing up Peeps on Easter! :-) I miss you!

BestDayEver said...

Lindsay--I hope you read this. Email me! I can't find your contact info and I miss you too!

Sharron