Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Random Christmas Thoughts

1) Christmas lights synchronized to music are AWESOME! I find the whole show memorizing.



2) A yard full of un-inflated holiday decorations is NOT awesome and makes me think of an cheerful Christmas graveyard. Which leads me to…

3) I seem to have a lot of random thoughts about zombies as of late. Nothing to do with Christmas but still, they keep popping up.


4) You’re never too old to get a stuffed animal, but only if it makes a sound like a really angry squirrel. This is TAS (tiny angry squirrel) and while you can't hear him, trust me, he sounds absolutely, positively pissed.

5) My sister and I were discussing height and she said she was 5’2”. I thought to myself, “Self, she’s wrong. She’s taller. And while you’re thinking about yourself in third person, how tall are you? You tell everyone 5’8”, but are you?” We got out the tape measure and she’s 5’3.5” and I am 5’7”. WTF?! So I’ve decided to stick with 5’8 anyway as my Christmas present to myself.

Happy Holidays!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Look at it this way, at least you didn't have the revelation that even at 5ft 8 1/2 (yes, I need the half in there) you're suddenly LOOKING UP to your 13 year old son while reprimanding him.

Cathy in AK said...

Shrinkage...there is definite shrinkage as we age. I used to be 5'6" but lost half an inch somewhere along the line. Unfortunately, that "lost" half inch got added to my width and brought a whole bunch of its friends along. A WHOLE bunch.

Amy, I can sympathize with the looking up to reprimand thing. I'm starting to look my almost 11 year old in the eye.