Thursday, August 10, 2006

LIVE-From an Internet Cafe in Puebla, Mexico

First, an addition to the UNIVERSAL TRUTH LIST:

Barney is CREEPY in any language.

Second, my Dad is in town and I am traveling this week and possibly the next. So—for a little while the focus will NOT be on Oaxaca. Which is fine considering that I am RAPIDLY losing sympathy for the teachers.

Well, not the teachers but the radical faction that is remaining and making everyone miserable. They need to be smacked at this rate.

Anyway, Today I am on Puebla and am posting from an Internet cafe.
Puebla is a bigger city and very different from Oaxaca.

Oaxaca vs. Puebla


PUEBLA
SUPER -CLEAN. Not as clean as, say, Germany, but clean. Sadly, Oaxaca is litter city and that’s one of the things that I dislike about it.

NO GRAFFITI. Okay, very little graffiti. Again, I can only compare it to Oaxaca which has graffiti all over. And it’s not even good graffiti but crappy. Like peoples name. BORING

COPS: Normally, I am not a huge fan of having a plethora of cops around but here, in Mexico, I’m starting to like them. At least the ones in Puebla.

OAXACA
NICER PEOPLE. Homeless are a reality. In Oaxaca, even the homeless are polite. If they ask you for a few pesos and you say no, they smile no big deal. In Puebla, a little old lady tried to sell me a rosary and when I said ‘No thanks you” (cause I’m polite) I thought she was going to choke me with it.

Whatever she said, it wasn’t polite.

SMALL TOWN There is something about a small town which is just comfortable. Puebla is filled with cars and people are everywhere. And because it is bigger, it’s a heck of a lot harder to get around.

BETTER CHOCOLATE: What can I say. I am a sucker for chocolate and the BEST is found in Oaxaca.

Puebla, is a nice place to visit but I wouldn’t want to live here.

No comments: