Saturday, April 04, 2009

One-liners for the day (Museum and Market)

I went with Kess and Pam to the Egyptian Museum and market. Mother/daughter travel partner, they are so funny and so much fun.

Best one liners of the day:
Do you want it back? We ate lunch and they tried to overcharge us and we refused to give in. Their biggest mistake? Messing with Kess. When they pressed us to pay more, she came up with that fabulous line.

Don’t touch me. Said repeatedly when every man in the bazaar felt like he had to grab my arm. By the time we got to the end of the alley, word was out and when a boy tried to touch my arm to get my attention, a guy told him not to touch me!

It’s you. A young guy woul NOT go away and when Kess sneezed , he asked her what made her sneeze. Hence the reply!

I have a back alley. I mentioned that we needed to find a back alley and a vendor piped up with this gem. I don’t think he realized how perverted it sounded. I don't wnt to know ANYTHING about his "back alley". EW!

Note on the museum--they don't allow you to take pictures so that's a bummer. But it's worth touring. Tutankhamuns wing is fabulous. If I was going to rob a museum (in a book, people...in a book!) I'd go for something in that area.

So much fun being with Kess and Pam. They are great travelers, have a good sense of humor and are nice enough to let me tag along. Later, we ended uo getting take-away from four different vendors and eating back at the hotel.

The meal (clockwise starting from the bottom)--Falafel, Kosharia, Pidgeon and lamb. The spelling of kosharia is all kinds of wrong but until can get the correct, it will have to do!

No comments: