Saturday, April 11, 2009

Spanish-The Best Language to Ditch a Man

Traveling as a single woman in Egypt is a pain in that every man in the country wants to know where you are from, is it your first visit, do you want s boyfriend, etc. t’s charming and flattering at first….annoying and eye-rolling the hundredth time.

Now, don’t get me wrong. I don’t’ mind small talk with strangers. In fact, I do it all the time. But when random men approach me, I don’t like it no matter what the country. Unless they are hawt and since I already have the haw`t guy in my life….even random hawt men seems kind of “meh”.

What I have discovered is that while everyone in Egypt seems to know either English, French or both—very few speak Spanish. And I speak enough to get by. So now, when some random man wants to chat me up, I simply say “No Entiendo” and they go away since they can’t talk to me.

How handy is that?

1 comment:

Cathy in AK said...

So now you can move on to crying in Spanish and the world is yours!

ver. word: awsonot
The complete opposite of awesome.
"What did you do today?"
"Had root canal."
"Oh, man, that is awsonot!"